Unexpected lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockermonki

Solid State Member
My computer locks up when i play games like bf2 and benchmark. I just got new parts. I have a amd64 3200+,evga 7800gt,1gigabyte and a half or corsair value select, msi microatx 939 mobo. I was wondering if it was my psu since its made by aspire and it came with my case. I the qpack and its a great case but i dont think the psu is that great. The psu is 420wat. Since the 7800gt takes a lot of power (i think it does) do i need a better psu and also how many connectors should i connect to the card one or two.my load temps are 60c and my vid is 50c. The case doesnt get too hot but the psu gets really hot. You could practically burn urself by holding your finger there. Anyways the random lockup is only in benchmarks for games and i dont think it my graphics becasue it works fine for the majority. The psu is what iam worried about because since my video card is power hungry it drains my psu. When i benchmark the lights in the psu flicker on the psu fan. I only have 1 hd and cd and also since my psu is generic wont that make it even worse and what psu should i get for under 80. My pc isnt overheating because my friend has the same specs as me and except for the vid and his goes up to 65c. I cant put a real heatsink on it becase msi has this stickypad on the bottom that wont come off and if i try to take it off i might short the mb. Iam using stock right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom