Unexpected Interrupt when testing RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crumornus

Solid State Member
I recently built a new computer but got sent a bad PSU and after about an hour it died. I sent it back and got a new one that has been working just fine, but i noticed some odd problems with they way my computer was running, and then after restarting the smart status of my hard drive indicated its status was bad. So i sent it back but am currently waiting on a replacement. My friend gave me memtest to test the status of my RAM to see if there where any problems with it. I tested the first stick and got an Unexpected Interrupt - Halting CPU0. I then ran the second stick and it passed, i assume that my first stick is bad but am not entirely sure. I also do know if this could be all related to my PSU dieing.

Any errors you see in memtest, that is a told tale that the memory stick is bad. RMA that one chip to the manufacturer.

Having a psu die can sometimes damage parts. I really don't know if all your hardware failure is do to the psu dying or just you having bad luck with the parts.

Yep, any error in memtest usually indicates a problem with the memory.

I agree with the above. MemTest will sometimes not report errors during testing but the RAM fails when in real use. But generally, if it reports errors, then it typically is bad. But, I am concerned with the number of problems you are having. Bad PSU, bad drive, and now bad RAM? It is certainly possible you are that unlucky and you actually received 3 bad components. But I wonder if your first PSU did not cause some collateral damage when it failed. I am suspicious like brinks and hope the failed PSU did not take out your CPU and motherboard too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom