Unable to Format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichan

Baseband Member
Hi,
Recently,I have carried out 'wipe free space' using an internet cleaning tool.But to my horror,after cleaning I can't open my drive:D.When I click on it,it states that the disk in drive:D is not formatted and ask if I want to format it now?I do not really know what went wrong but no choice I have to format it.The problem is when I click 'Yes',nothing happens.So I go to My computer>manage>disk management>format on drive:D.It is alright at the begining but started to show no progress when it reaches 28%.This drive:D is my slave hard drive,not the master one where the operating system is.This is a 80GB Maxtor 6Y080L0 hard drive and I am running on windows XP serv.pack2.Pls advice on how to format this drive.Thanks a lot!

You can boot from your XP CD and format using command promt (or just boot to command promt by pressing F8 during startup), or try to format using any third party utility.

When you do this its better to unplug your master drive so you dont format the wrong one.You can use a windows 98 boot disk also.just boot off the floopy 98 disk and at the a prompt type format :X X being whatever your drive letter is and a space after format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom