Unable to disable on-board video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacit

Solid State Member
I took some time to use the search feature and find a solution to my problem but was unable to. My issue is a follows:

I have 1 GB of ram installed yet it shows up in my system settings as only 960 mb. I disabled on board graphics in device manager yet 64mb is still being dedicated to on board video usage.

A moment ago I went into my systems Bios and it has a setting that allows for me to set the dedicated usage of memory to lower numbers ( 64mb, 32mb, 13mb) or to disable it. When I choose disable, save and exit Bios the system freezes on the Bios Splash screen. From this point I cannot re-enter bios or proceed until I clear the Cmos to which I'm back to having 64mb being utilized. Any solution to this issue would be highly valued. I am using the same ram and video card I had in a previous mother board but after disabling on board video in that set up I had 1024 mb of ram.

video card: pci Gecube Radeon 9250.

Mother Board: Biostar P4M80-M4

When the BIOS freezes at the splash screen, were you using the disabled video card? or a non-integrated one. Also try disabling the video card from the hardware manager.

I am using the non-integrated video card when it freezes.

I have already disabled the on-board video through device manager and it's still using 64mb. My system halts when I disable it through bios.

Did you mean for me to disable my non-integrated card in device manager?

After messing around in bios some more I noticed it will allow me to set it to 32mb, or 16mb and operate fine, but every time I try to use disable option it freezes after I exit bios. Now I have it set to utilize 16mb and have 0.98 GB of Ram available. Still this is highly annoying as to why on board video will not allow me to disable it's utilization of ram!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom