Unable to Clear Write Protection

PopoChubbs

Casually Filthy
Hi guys! So, I've got numerous Dell Win8 USB keys doing absolutely NOTHING but ironically taking up space, and after somewhat extensive research (through both co-workers and various net threads and forums), I've been pointed to Formatter_SiliconPower. Well, despite my best efforts, both inside and outside of that program, I've been stymied.

Do any of you have suggestions not involving Diskpart or Windows formatting? Dell has these things locked down pretty tight, and it's a bit ridiculous in my particular situation.

P.S. I apologize if this is in the wrong category or if there's already a thread on this.

Boot off of a GParted LiveCD/LiveUSB and nuke the flash drive that way if you can.

GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD
Use something like Rufus to put the ISO on another flash drive or burn the ISO to a CD.

Boot of of CD/USB and plug in your Dell flash drive.
See if you can delete all partitions on the flash drive once in GParted from the flash drive (make sure you've selected the flash drive, and not your internal HDD's ;)). If you can remote the partitions, then you should be able to create a new partition and format it to FAT32.

Back
Top Bottom