uhh...hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i tried to boot with this cd and i went into bios and made the cd the first one to boot and it doesnt boot off the cd it just went into windows. so i ran e:\setup and i got these options and one was "install windows xp" so i clicked that and i get this error message telling me that i have a newer version of windows installed and if i reformat ill lose all my current settings blah blah blah. so i clicked on details and the help that it gives me says "To install the version on the CD, restart your computer, boot from this CD, and follow the instructions for a new installation. " so obviously it IS a bootable cd but for some reason it just wont let me... any help here?

When your CD-drive is the first to boot, and you have a bootable CD in that drive, it should say something along the lines of "Press a key to boot from CD..." for a few seconds.
If you don't press anything, it'll go ahead and boot from the hard drive. I'm assuming you didn't notice that little message about pressing a key to boot from the CD drive.

no i thought i missed it the first time but after about 5 reboots i figured it just wasnt gunna show up

i thought i might have missed the moment where i was supposed to press any key so i turned off the fast boot option

Have you tried getting into the setup with a bootable floppy, and typing "D:/setup.exe"?

I'm not sure if that works with Windows XP, I've only done it with 98...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom