uhh...hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sum1nowhere

Baseband Member
ok here is what happened... first my webcam stopped working without me doing anything to it at all. i went to bed with it working and woke up and it didnt work. tried reinstalling it and it said there was an error installing the driver. so i decided it was time to get rid of what spyware and stuff i had so i did that and had it running clean, restarted it and tried reinstalling the cam again but it still didnt work... im not sure exactly when but at some point during all this my speakers stopped working. cant get my speakers to work now either. and i go into control panel and try to open "add hardware" but the hour glass shows for a split second but nothing loads. so for the heck of it i went into network connections and nothing shows up under network connections at all. so i tried to refresh the network connections page and i get an error message saying "the network connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running." hmmmm i think thats all the problems i ran into so far.... any help?

o ya in case you are wondering the programs i used to get rid of my spyware and stuff... i used spy bot s&d, ad aware, avg, and cwshredder

How old's your installation of XP? I think you're best off just reformatting XP. It'll more than likely fix all your problems, as well as getting rid of all that spyware you mentioned.

ya... im a little worried about reformatting because last time i did it i had a friend over who reformats his all the time and it took us forever and to this day my scanner/printer wont work

Only has to do with drivers. As long as you have SP2, most of your hardware will be automatically detected. And whatever isn't, you can easily google to find.

Just download it. It's free. And you can slipstream it to a recordable CD so your original XP and SP2 are merged together, so when you format, it automatically installs SP2 for you!

SP2 download page:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-XP-SP2-RTM.shtml

Autostream download page:
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1092632287/1

And if you haven't formatted on your own before, maybe you should get your friend to help you again. Orrr, maybe it'd be a good opportunity for you to learn to do this. It isn't that complicated, provided you have basic computer knowledge. I remember having to do a clean reformat of windows 98 for the first time when I was 12...

ya ide rather just learn to do it on my own.. kinda off topic but can i get like a step by step how to do it...i have office xp now but ide be using a xp home edition cd

No. Remove floppys, but leave CD in, but DO NOT let it boot from the CD again. It'll boot from the hard drive. And copy files from the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom