Two problems (IN ONE!) USB causes powerdown, CDroms die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Beta member
First, I got a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. I put in the CD then wait a moment till it says to plug in the USB device. After I plug it in, the computer quickly restarts completely. Then the computer will load past the Win XP logo and a cusor will appear on the screen by itself (normal so far) then it restarts before I even see my desktop backgound go up. It repeats this rebooting until I unplug the device. The longest it went without rebooting was 47 seconds and the software installation never completed.

SECOND, probably a bigger issue, is CD Roms drives. I have done:
1. Turn off computer
2. remove cd rom
3. put cd rom into another machine (where it doesn't work)(isn't in My Computer)
4. Put the CD ROM back in the original computer and it now doesn't work.

This one bugs me cause I know computers pretty well, but have wrecked friends' CD ROMS... Anyway... Why do CDROM drives seem to just fry when I swap them around? Is there something special you have to do?

PS. I've gone into BIOS config and set drives to auto anfd the CD ROM drives still dont show up in my computer.

Can someone PLEASE help with the CD ROM drive question. This has to be simple since it happens to me and my brother with every CD ROM drive and PC we touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom