Two 500Gb Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise_M

In Runtime
Hi,

I have 2 500Gb ext hdds. One of the drives contains my original files and the other one contains their backups. These are the only files on the drives.

One drive has 4.58Gb of free space left and the other one has 60.1 Gb left.

I checked the files on each drive and there are no files missing on the drive that has 60.1 Gb left. They both have the exact same files and each file on both drives are the same size.

The drives aren't the same type. Could one drive be reserving space/be partitioned for backups or something else? If so, how can I find out and, if not, how can I find out where the drive's 55Gb has gone?

Denise

Right Click on My Computer > Go to Manage > if Storage is not expanded, expand it by clicking the + sign > click onDisk Management. Your two drives should be listed in there, and if they're partitioned or not.

How are each of them formatted?
If the cluster size on one of them is larger, then when you start adding files, there will be more wasted space per cluster that is not completely filled.

Also are the backup files the exact original or did you use windows backup? Some backup utilities compress the files when they back them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom