TV-Tuner+Vista=BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDerekI

Baseband Member
Hello folk

I posted on the software forums but it seems i got no responces.

a few days ago i purchased a Winfast TV2000 XP Expert and slotted it into the PCI slot on my gigabyte 945g s3 leaving the audio to motherboard unplugged as that slot was taken by the DVDwriter.
I booted up my computer to find windows picked up its own little driver, i looked through the 4 CDs that came with the TV-tuner and proceded trial and error to find which one had the drivers, in doing so found some software named orb that apaired to detect and start tuneing my TV-tuner.
Instead of letting it tune i maintained my search for the driver CD and soon enough found it, running setup failed so i went through "Add / Remove Hardware" and proceded to install via CD.

Installation went great, the driver was very clearly labled as for Winfast TV2000 XP Expert Vista 64bit [not32bit drivers].

Sadly the computer hit BSOD something i dont remember seeing since windows 98, sead something like dumping memory to harddrive then rebooted.

I started the computer in safe mode and disabled the driver.

Ok that sead there is history here to put in the bucket.
When i uninstalled my 4-5 year old TV-tuner card it was a feisty thing and took quite a bit of work to get out, i hope i havent damaged anything in the process [i doubt it im very carefull] . Also when i tried to uninstall it gave me an error message, yet seemed to be uninstalled from device manager i didnt think much of it.

I just want to watch TV on my computer , and to be honest im willing to splash out the cash and just buy a new card if theres one that can be asured to work.
If not i will have to go back to rebooting into linux to watch TV again.

oops, forgot to mention im running Vista 64bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom