tv tuner might be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I have a leadtech winfast tv tuner. I did a restart, for no reason, and when I come back into windows I get two pop up windows saying windows has found new hardware. The first one is a multimedia controller, the second one is multimedia video controller. The problem is there are three hardware devices associated with my tv tuner, the third being a crossbar tuner. This one is no where to be found in the hardware tree. I tried to unistall the drivers, and reinstall them, but still cant find the third device. I looked under install new hardware, isnt shown there.

So after all this my conclusion is that the tv tuner is dead, becuase the third device is working. I did pull the card out of the pc, boot with out it, and then install it, with no different results.

Does any one have any ideas that would help?

If not what brand and model should I buy to replace this card. I searched newegg for tv tuners, and they dont have a large selection.

Don't think the card is dead; sounds like a windows fluke. Try taking the card out, delete every driver on the system that you don't specifically recognise, and then restarting. Install the driver for the tuner, the turn off your computer. Put in the card, and turn on the computer, and see if it recognises it.

Dan

I can try that, how ever three dll's wont completely go away. I did remove the card, and boot into windows, and then replace the card and boot back into windows, with no success.

force remove the drivers and reinstall them.. every TV card i've used the drivers are HIGHLY unstable :(

The problems is that the third device associated with the tv tuner is not showing up any where. I tried the process dipique suggested, with no success. When I am in device manager, the only options I have for those two devices are to update drive, unistall, disable. I have tried both unistall and disable, and when I bring them back, still nothing.

I have the software installed, but there isnt a captrure device on my system. This is because the third device doesnt show up on my system at all.

Any other ideas, or should I start shopping?

I will try another slot, I just didnt have time last night. there was work I had to finish, and switching slots takes longer than pulling it out and putting it back in (all my slots are occupied), so I have to switch two things. I will do that later this afternoon when I have some free time.

If this doesnt result in any differentof an outcome, should I think about a new card? Browsing newegg, Hauppauge has quite a few cards that look decent. Newegg doesnt carry as many leadtek as they used to.

I switched the tv tuner with the sound card, and rebooted. Still no difference. I still get the two windows that pop up saying they found new hardware, but its not working correctly, nor can I get them to work.

I am thinking of just ordering a new card. Unless some one else has an idea that would help.

Any suggestions to which card and which brand I should get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom