TV Tuner help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I've about had it with TV tuners here. The first tuner I had was a Leadtek and of course it didn't have ANY 64 bit drivers. So, now I bought a Hauppauge PVR-150 and Vista already had the drivers for it, but I went ahead and upgraded to the newest drivers from the Hauppauge website.

When I run WINTV, it works fine to begin with. Then if I exit the program and come back, it will freeze up and get all glitchy. Do I need to get a different tuner program to watch TV with or what? I've reinstalled the program and drivers like two times now.

I just use vista media center. I have the hauppage 1800 with the media center remote. Seems to work fine except sometimes i manage to confuse media center and have to restart the program.

I have Vista Business (got it through school), so it doesn't have media center. So, I'm trying PowerCinema and it is having similar problems that WinTV was having. It will work sometimes and will run for hours with no problems but if you close the program and come back and do that a couple times it will start to get glitchy and cause the computer to freeze for a few seconds.

might try the avsforums.com or hardforums.com as they both deal with media center pc's moreso than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom