tv tuner card locks computer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default tv tuner card locks computer

Hey, i have tv tuner card, and i'm trying to get the cable box to work on it. I have a coaxial cable. The tuner card is a Hauppauge HVR-1250. I have a nvidia gt 220 video card, it's an evga. I have a nforce 790i ultra motherboard. It's an evga too. I started with a fresh hard drive and i installed windows 7 64-bit home premium, then i installed the video card with the original disc. Then i installed the tuner card from the disc. My motherboard disc doesn't support windows 7, so i have to download the drivers from nvidia. I have a viewsonic lcd monitor which has speakers, and i know monitors with speakers can cause problems with some things in windows. I tried to install it with my other lcd monitor which is a samsung but it doesn't have speakers. It still didn't work. I also tried to install everything with a standard keyboard which hooks up to ps/2. I also have a razer laceasis mouse but i used my regular hp mouse. I installed everything with the modem unplugged. And i had the coaxial coming from the cable box to the computer, hooked up throughout all my installs. I have updated everything off the hauppauge and nvidia sites for the video card and tuner card. I also updated windows completely. I did bypass the drivers found by windows update. I can run the tuner card with a s-video and 1/8" jack if i need to. I really don't know what's goin on. I also tried to install the 2 cards, monitor, mouse with the drivers found by windows update. I have seen these cards work. I have a logitech g19 keyboard which has an lcd. I have been installing with the standard ps/2 keyboard. One time it worked for 3 hours but then it locked. Almost every other install only displayed the tuner card for a second. I have 8 gbs of ram. I don't have a sound card. i use an usb one when everythings working. Would i need more virtual memory? I also didn't use autorun from the video card disc and the tuner card. Can anybody help?

Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: tv tuner card locks computer

Did you install the drivers for the Hauppauge HVR-1250? Looks like this site might have some information that could be useful for you.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread