Tv Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

schultzy

In Runtime
Hi,
I have a Sigma TVII Tuner card, which i got from a friend, I stuck it into my computer, downloaded the latest drivers and software, and installed it,
When i load up the software I got an error message Tvaudiotoaudio_fail
so i clicked ok and i got a message saying that i need to check the drivers and that the card is installed, If i disable the Sigmacom Tv Video Capture and re-enable it it works, but it picks up abc really ****, with no colour and no sound.

I can plug my speakers into an audio out port and i get sound, but thats no good if i want to record, and also the fact that there is no colour or any channels, (just abc, **** quality)

any help would be appreciated, or i will just throw the card out as this is my last hope

Thanks in advance,
Schultzy

Ps if there is any other info that u need just ask me and i will see what i can do.

Hi, I got a program called ChrisTv and i can get picture and rarely sound, i sometimes can get colour, but there is always a humming or more to the point a buzzing sound, As well as one that sounds like a helicopter

ANY help would be Greatly Appreciated

Thank you, Schultzy

Ummmm let me think back, i had something like that and it had to do with .... ummm , i think the helicopter noise is that it is feedback. Does the tv card have any cables that plug into your sound card. go into sound and audio in control panel and look around. Do you have the ccard hooked to an entenna or cable ?

why did your friend give it to you ? did he have trouble with it ? see if he still has the install cd.
you may want to take the card out and determin the chip set , usually conexant or philips,
you may find better drivers that way or what ver from the manufacturers web site. Don't spend too much energy, if this is the type i am thinking of , you can get them all day long new for $25.

kk, thnx for the reply

Yes I hooked up the audio out port on the Tv Card to the Line in on the sound card.
The tv card is plugged into an Antenna

My friend owns a business complete computers and it was in one of the computers, which the mobo was stuffed and he had no use for it, and couldnt sell it

Here is the Tuner card http://www.sigmacom.co.kr/eng/m1/m1_view.htm?p=1&no=9
As u can see its a conexant chipset
I am currently using the latest drivers

Thanks for the advice of not using too much energy, I have now spent hours trying ro get it to work... I stopped for a week and now i have started having another go b4 i throw it out my window and on my neighbours roof LOL

I think your audio troubles are feedback. I amsure you did, did you plug the wire into the sound card mic or the sound in port ?
I also have the chris video capture, I too have a video capture card and a tv card w/ vid capture. The plain video capture card I have is the conexant chip set and i bought it new for around $10.
I had a " motor boat " type sound that I fixed in software, do not remeber what, it was eather windos configuring , double click the speaker icon in the icon tray , then clicking options , then properties, the radio button for recording, maybe playback, uncheckin / checking different items, or in the vid capture program
selecting the imputs.??? do not remeber :confused:

Well i have some things to try then.
Thanks very much for the help and i will get back on how it goes.

Ps I get sound, Its just that the audio with the channel seems to go about 1mhz higher than the actual video, so when i fine tune the video up i get a blue screen with the channel audio, And its clear

Im still not getting much colour with the picture

Schultzy,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom