TV Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme112

In Runtime
Does moving a TV Tuner card from one PCI Slot to another render it useless? Because I a few months ago, I moved it to another slot to make room for my GTX 460(I has small case) and after that it didn't seem to work. I only bring it up now because I find that I miss watching TV on my computer.

I don't know how to reinstall PCI drivers. I only know how to reinstall Video and Audio drivers. Can you tell me how to do it?
Running Vista 32

Drivers are drivers... They all install and uninstall the same way for the most part, but your system should have recognized the device on a new port and re-installed the drivers. Go into add/remove programs, uninstall the software/driver package, and reinstall, check device manager for any devices that have a "!" or "?" beside them, if you do, let us know.

Well I can't find the drivers in the add/remove programs, but there's no ! or ? next to my the TV device in the device manager. I think I'll try to put it back in the original PCI it was in. Thanks Corrosive and Fat Clown for the help. I think I'll try to solve it on my own for now. And If I have any problems with that I'll post here again.

You may need to uninstall/reinstall the software for it still, it may not be configured properly for where it's currently installed at, as it will have different addressing in a different slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom