TV Audio - Starts Up / Wont Go Away !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlewp

Baseband Member
I'm being revisited by a problem I experienced some time back , and dont remember solving, but apparently did away with / or ceased using the problem app.
Currently , I am finding useful an app. named "QuickMediaConverter". As with the app. in the past, this app. can capture from my TV audio. When I OPEN the app. I get an alert that warns I cant use this device (video card? or what).... when another app. is using it.!?
It advises that "If Web TV is installed and running on your system, pause the "Web TV video and data services" ( I have ATI All-In-Wonder TV 9k Pro , but rarely use the tuner, other than to monitor a VCR that I sometimes use to tape TV shows. )
>> I click OK on that warning, it goes away, then a box appears to confirm that I'm using
the ATI Tuner Video card (name?)
>> Next , the app finally opens , but there is TV sound present , and it never goes away...
....EVEN AFTER closing QMdiaConvrter !! , and also, even after going into Task Mgr., and disposing of any process starting with the letters "ati...." . I cant stop the TV audio, without fully rebooting ! ??
Any thoughts ??

Do you have your TV hooked up to only the ATI card or do you have the sound coming through something else?

I have no TV in the mix , only a VCR which passes cable signal thru , and to the input of the ATI TV card.
More boggling ?? ... the problem app. this time around - QuickMediaConverter , has no user settings / preferences that I can find having anything at all to do with TV / video capture !! Only settings are related to the converted video you are producing , from some video file source on your hard drive.
The "confirm" panel that appears after getting rid of the first warning message ... is to select "ATI Rage Theatre Video Capture". Again , I cant find any place or settings related to capturing video within this app. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom