'Tuti Fruiti' on cold boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabidfool

Beta member
I recently put together my first home build desktop. Everything went great! Over the past few months I am unable to play World Of Warcraft on a cold boot. If I power up and load WoW first, the login screen and/or first load screen in game will get a ton of artifacts and/or most times will freeze and have a 'tutti fruiti' type screen. (sorry if this is not the correct lingo, its what we called it in my Doom 2 programming days!)

No other programs do this. Seems like I am having to wait more and more before being able to load the game, yesterday having to wait an hour before it worked. My limited PC knowledge says its a cold card, but I always thought that is better! Any help is appreciated.

My Setup
PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI
EDIMAX EW-7128G PCI Wireless Card - Retail
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 64Bit SP2C for System Builders - OEM
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
EVGA 512-P3-N841-A3 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA (RAID 0)
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Pioneer 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DVR-115DBK - OEM

If it isn't happening with any other programs or games (assuming they are just as graphic-intense as WoW) then try reinstalling WoW.

I have.

One thing that JUST started happening is I am getting a RAID 0 error during my POST screen. One drive says master, the other says Error 0.

Im wondering if this is causing it, but it seems weird that it JUST popped up and only affects WoW on cold boots.

Since youa re doing a raid 0 configuration you may have to rebuild your array since parts of the wow program will be on both drives.

Does that mean a full system restore?

Is that normal when a RAID has errors to only effect one program? I figured if this was the cause it would be effecting everything. And this error just showed up today, while the WoW problem has been going on and getting progressively worse for months.

I wouldn't suggest RAID 0 in the first place, but what happens is parts of files and programs are on both drives. So RAID 0 offers the ability to access files a bit faster.

Since you've already uninstalled the program, try running some disk checking software to make sure your hard drive isn't failing. I would first run a disk cleanup, then disk defrag, and finally a disk check (checking all sectors which actually required a reboot, and it will check the drive at restart).

See if it comes up with any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom