Turn Computer on and.. Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yadgadge

Baseband Member
Ok, so my problems all started a couple days ago when my internet connection kept going from "Network Cable Disconnected" to Now Connected status alot, every second sometimes. But then it started to randomly stop sending a video feed, and my monitor would go to power save mode. It seems whatever it is doing is not just affecting the video, because it also won't shut down, I have my computer set to shut down the computer when I press the power button, but when I press it it does nothing when it goes into this Blackout. The computer seems to be running, it's not making any weird sounds and the MB isn't beeping at me.

But now it won't even start up anymore, I'll turn it on and it will just immediately go black as mentioned above. I'm not sure if it's the motherboard failing, or maybe the Power Supply not supplying enough power to everything? I can't even get to the Bios screen anymore.

I should note that while trying to fix it before, I turned off the power supply while the computer was powered down, letting the light on the motherboard go off, then flipped it back on, and it worked fine for a while, but that doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas? My specs are in my sig.

i would say you're correct in saying its either the psu or the board. if you can borrow a psu from a friend and see if their psu powers up your system. if it does then get a new psu, if not, i would say your board is shot.

i'm leaning more towards the board being shot though.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately none of my friends have a spare PSU, I've just decided to build a new rig, I've had this one for abouit 5 years I believe. I had been looking at components for over a year now thinking about building something new, but had no realy reason as I haven't been playing any PC games lately. I already ordered pretty much everything, I plan to go to Microcenter tomorrow to hopefully get a Q6600 (hoping they have them in stock). Once again thanks.

Here's my list of components if anyone cares:
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...stNumber=6700088&WishListTitle=Computer+Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom