Trying to route my stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynesox

In Runtime
Ok I have a linksys router and a linksys pc card.
I have the drivers installed for the card and I have it set up this way

Modem ethernet cable goes to the uplink port on the router then ports 1 and 3 are going to my comp and my 360. problem is im not getting any internets on my pc this way. What am I doing wrong? The lights on the network card are blinking but I cant go to internets, and when I check the cobnnection in the network control panel it tells me to contact my network advisor or somthing

Do you have DCHP enabled? Have you done the config on the router? Check all DHCP and DNS settings.

Can you connec to the internet if you connect the CAT-5 directly from the modem to your PC? If not, right click my computer, select manage. Open the services and applications tab, then click services. Scroll down to DHCP client and DNS client services. Be sure they are set to automatic and they are started. If not, make those changes by double clicking and changing them. If you still can't get on the internet, click start, run and type cmd in the box. Then type ipconfig /all and hit enter. If you get an IP adress that starts with 169, you have a NIC problem. It should start with a 2 digit number most likely. If you get all zeros, you may have a NIC problem or a cabling problem.

If you CAN connect to the internet then you know your router is the culprit. Consult the maunal to see how to reset it to defaults, then connect the cables and reboot the modem, router and PC. Then do the cmd, ipconfig trick as above. Where it says default gateway, that is your router. Open a browser and type http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and hit enter (with the x's representing the IP address of your gateway). This will connect you to your router and you can then configure DHCP and other stuff.

Like when I route it through the router it works with my xbox 360 but even if I unhook that ethernet cord it wont work for my pc but it works with my modem and pc with the usb setup. Am I gonna need the etgernet drivers for my modem or somthing?

The yellow and green lights for my network card are on but they're solid. Im so confuzzled

Also when im installing the router at the end of the quick setup wizard it says ROUTER NOT FOUND

Also the 360 is failing at the dns test. And the pc isn't connecting alone via ethernet either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom