Trying to OC x4 965 Deneb, but Multiplier locked
I'm trying to oc my AMD x4 965 black, but no matter what i try, cpu-z shows multiplier locked @ 4.0. In the BIOS, i am able to increase the multiplier to 10, 15, 20, etc, but it always shows in cpu-z as 4.0.
I increase the cpu load, but it still is locked at 4.0 multiplier and a 8.04mhz core speed as well.
I used MS tweaker, but that didn't work; all out of ideas at this point; can anyone help on how to fix this?
Thx so much.
* OS: XP Pro SP3 Direct X 9 (BIOS 5001)
* Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
* Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2
* Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400
* Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ ATI Eyefinity
* Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface
* Storage: Seagate Barracuda internal 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive and Seagate Pushbutton Backup 250GB External Hard Drive
* Power: Corsair HX650W