Trying to boot win2k from CD but it won't recognize the keyboard??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkadyz

Beta member
This is kind of a weird problem. Im trying to reinstall windows on my pc, but when it tells you to press any key to boot from CD it it won't recognize that im hitting the key board so it automatically boots from the hard drive. It won't let me hit F8 to enter the windows startup options either? This has got me stumped since the keyboard works fine going into bios, and once im logged into windows, but for some reason during POST and untill the windows login screen my keyboard doesen't work. Ive got an Asus A7N8X-X mobo, have the latest BIOS and the CMOS has been cleared and nothing works. Also, I know when I try it on another computer everything works fine so Im pretty sure the problem is somewhere in the keyboard mobo communication.

Thanks

you might try looking in your CMOS settings to ensure that relevant USB options are enabled. I guess you've done this already but its best to eliminate simple things.
Also flash your bios the the latest version if you can, this may incorperate an additional usb setting if this is a common problem.

I have the same problem with my USB keyboard, you need a true PS/2 keyboard for windows boot menus. a USB-to-PS/2 won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom