tryin to get info off a hd from other comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazypc123

Solid State Member
im tryin to get files off a hd out of my old comp but i cant find some of em culd ne 1 help?
also i installed a hitachi 250g hd in my old comp and then put it in my new 1 and my movies r off of it it says that its raw

ive tried that but i cant seem to find it. is it cuz there is an os on the hd im tryin to gte it off of

That shouldn't matter as long as one is master and the other is slave. You don't have them hidden or encrypted do you? What OS are you using on each? Are they IDE or SATA?

superdave1984 said:
That shouldn't matter as long as one is master and the other is slave. You don't have them hidden or encrypted do you? What OS are you using on each? Are they IDE or SATA?

Exactly right. Even if the old HD is FAT32 the files should be read. I would put the jumpers on those IDE drives to Cable Select. Generally, if the drive is not found it is either unallocated or needs the proper jumper settings.

the info aint encrypted or nething like that as far as i know would it be a problem that the things were on the desktop? the r ide drives they are on cable select. wat does unallocated mean.and then another thing my hitachi 250gb hd had like 8 movies on it and i put it in my new comp and the files aint on that 1 either it says its in raw format like its been unformatted or something.its ide also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom