Troubleshooting Fun

jmckay12

Beta member
I have decided to help an Instructor at my college rebuild a Lab Troubleshooting purposes. It will consist of 7 Windows 7 machines and 1 Windows Server 2008R2. I have to "mess up" or misconfigure these machines so students in future classes can use them for practice with finding problems and working with end user machines. What are some things I should do to the machines? I have some ideas already. They can be anything including malware, driver issues, etc. They will be virtual machines also. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh that's easy.

You can infect them, delete DLL's, disable crucial services, cause it to purposely boot into safe mode, disable virtual memory so it runs out of RAM (add that to a good resource sucking virus), delete drivers, oh and make sure they have no internet connection.

Oh that's easy.

You can infect them, delete DLL's, disable crucial services, cause it to purposely boot into safe mode, disable virtual memory so it runs out of RAM (add that to a good resource sucking virus), delete drivers, oh and make sure they have no internet connection.

Sounds like most of the pc's I end up fixing. So most of that stuff will be good to do for a system fix.

Back
Top Bottom