Troubleshooting Disk Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insectduel

Solid State Member
My name is Insectduel and I have trouble with my driver.

Well I've been googling all information about Disk Drivers and nothing actually help me so I need help.

Now I have the following symptoms

1] When I start my computer, the light WONT shine or heard a sound from the floppy disk driver.

2] When I put in the diskette and click on "My computer" and click 3-1/2 floppy (A) it doesnÂ’t read at all. :bigcry:

3] Whenever I look for my files by going to "Start" then "Find" and type the following information, it won't search from the "My computer" directory.

So I need to know what I have to do to make my disk driver work.

Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Check ur floppy drive connected properly. If its connected properly but shown same results then u check all connected wires with ur floppy drive. If all wires & connections of ur floppy drive r good then ur floppy drive may fired-up.

It's been connected. I don't know if I have to do it repeatally or flip the cable upside down. It does work fine over the years until I've struck a virus in my computer (The error message that wont show the Icons). And I was wondering is it possible that the Computer Technican screws up my drive by replacing the old CD-ROM with the new CD-ROM drive :mad:.

I don't what's the problem but I did try something like this yesterday.

First, I reconnect the floppy cable and nothing. Then the power switch and also nothing. Then I tried to delete the standard drive by going to "My Computer" then "Properties" then the "Device Manager tab and floppy disk controllers". Next is "add new hardware" in the control panel and it forces the computer to restart after those changes. Still don't work.

Redetecting the floppy disk controller should resolve any addressing problems with the controller by detecting the correct address range. If my floppy disk controller is not detected correctly, there may be a problem with my floppy disk controller. If the floppy disk controller is redetected but you still cannot access the floppy disk drive, then there is a MAJOR problem.

And I don't know anything about "other" connections of the drive. Do I have to open up the drive to see the problem or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom