Troubleshooting Bluescreens

Yeah, I just had another 7A, but then right as a I restarted and logged back in, it said F4. These pics are what the screen showed.

Attachments

• IMG_5437.jpg
    IMG_5437.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5436.jpg
    IMG_5436.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 2
I'm thinking it might be RAM related.

I would suggest running Memtest86+
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Burn the ISO to a CD or create a bootable flash drive (with something like Rufus), and then boot off of it. Let it run for a minimum of about 4 hours (overnight is better) - unless you see errors right away. If there's any errors at all within the testing time period...then you'll need to remove all RAM, and test each stick individually to find the bad stick and/or bad slot on the motherboard.

The error in the first image is definitely not a good thing. The second one means that windows was able to sort itself out before it crashed, but the first one... "a thread crucial to system operation", I'm going to +1 what Carnage has already said. Would also recommend checking to see if your RAM is seated properly if you've made any changes to the build recently.

Yes, it was the 0x7a, that seems to be happening on and off, one thing that I noticed though, is that whenever I close PUBG (a steam game) it most of the time bluescreens to 7a.

Well, it's started to get worse, now I'll just randomly have the 0xF4 bluescreens as well.

How many drives do you have in your system?

Can you put each of them on a different SATA port? And possibly try a different SATA cable? Seems like it's pointing more towards drive issues, IMO. If possible, check the SMART status of your drive, with something like Crystal Disk Info.

I just have this one SSD, I switched out the SATA cable and port and the smart status said that the drive was fine, but the 7A and F4 still keep happening.

It's getting weird though, sometimes it will even bluescreen when I'm logging on and I won't even get to the desktop. Do you think it might be motherboard/cpu related?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom