Troubles with Word, browser fault

Joanes14

Beta member
Hello, lately I've been having trouble opening word documents in general, but only from browsers. Like Opera, Firefox, Chrome etc.

I get an error that the file is corrupt ( in word). Ive reinstalled word, and all the browsers tons of time, aswell as clearing temp folder, cookies, etc.

The odd part is I can open them with Iexplorer. So it may be a fault with my browsers. Normally I fix theese things myself, and this is my first time asking for help for basic computer troubleshooting. There is no simular problem I can find online, and I need this work, as I am in the middle of engineering school.
The problem never occured before, and I didn't do anything new to the computer when this problem showed up (Nothing I can remember atleast)
The problem occurs when opening ANY word file from the internett. All the basic things are done, and I can't see a solution

Added : Dxdiag and error message

http://postimg.org/image/6wta3qx6l/

Thanks for reply!

I am running a simple Samsung laptop, win 8.1 64bit

Last edited:
Hello, lately I've been having trouble opening word documents in general, but only from browsers. Like Opera, Firefox, Chrome etc.

I get an error that the file is corrupt ( in word). Ive reinstalled word, and all the browsers tons of time, aswell as clearing temp folder, cookies, etc.

The odd part is I can open them with Iexplorer. So it may be a fault with my browsers. Normally I fix theese things myself, and this is my first time asking for help for basic computer troubleshooting. There is no simular problem I can find online, and I need this work, as I am in the middle of engineering school.
The problem never occured before, and I didn't do anything new to the computer when this problem showed up (Nothing I can remember atleast)
The problem occurs when opening ANY word file from the internett. All the basic things are done, and I can't see a solution

Added : Dxdiag and error message

View image: Errpr and dxdiag

Thanks for reply!

I am running a simple Samsung laptop, win 8.1 64bit

Well for starters what are your browser versions, there might be an issue with some versions ?
Since your trying to open up word,power point, excel or any other related documents.
Make sure microsoft office 2010 "example" can open up any downloaded files it gets.
Samething goes for open office too, make sure you choose a default office program and have it open up things only.

Back
Top Bottom