Troubles with RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandentium

In Runtime
I am currently running Windows 2000 on a Preario 1510T.

I seem to have a problem with my RAM. I know for a fact that I have about 512MB of DDR RAM, though my operating system only identifies about 222 of it. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Start -> Run... and type "dxdiag". Post how much RAM is listed on the first page of it there. It will show beside "Memory:".

Open the case how many sticks. Read the stickers for size. Download CPU-Z and see what it says is installed. You more then likely have 256MB's of ram with 32MB's of that dedicated to your onboard Video, If you have that.

Open the case how many sticks. Read the stickers for size. Download CPU-Z and see what it says is installed. You more then likely have 256MB's of ram with 32MB's of that dedicated to your onboard Video, If you have that.

Inside shows two 256 cards, which adds up to 512. CPU-Z says i have 512 MB of RAM as well.

That is strange, do you have onboard graphics and have it set to 256MB's in the bios? All though highly unlikely. Scratching my head.

Jump in the BIOS and see what it says for detected ram. Also check the onboard video settings in the BIOS (if you have onboard video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom