Troubles with my notebook, a whole new beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C20H25N3O

Beta member
I'm no computer pro, but I have no trouble opening up a case and adding a hardrive, some ram, powersupply, graphics card, etc. So when I had trouble with my laptop I figured I could just open it up and replace my powersupply.

Oh what a strange beast this thing is. i'm stumped. First, the problem. The cord was in awful shape fraying and all that wonderfull stuff, and when the cord was pluged in the battery would no notice it and run off of itself. Not charging. So the computer doesn't last very long.

The cord was in poor shape, this being a two year old notebook, so i went and bought a new one. 60 bucks, pricey, but a new cord, and a working notebook. easy enough. Wrong, Its the powersupply i guess which is the problem. Can anyone offer advice on where to find one, and offer any personal expierence on installing one. difficult, guides, pointers. Is my fear of working on one irrational.

I don't want to take it into a shop. I want to fix it myself, i mean, someone eleses hands all over it, There would have to be a divorce or something in order. THis is understandable no?

Let me go get the exact model for you all before I post this:
HP Pavilion zv5000. I would have picked out something differnt, but It was the best graudation present ever.

You can usually find manuals on the manufacturers site that will show you how to replace parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom