Trouble with Sony PCG-2A1L - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Trouble with Sony PCG-2A1L

when i turn it beeps 3 times and no video showing but computer is still on.....anyone have any ideas on where the trouble may happen from one nite working fine and next day when turned on was not working....this is an all in one computer and i dont think it has any output to check monitor.....let me know if i am wrong....thanks

Old 10-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: Trouble with Sony PCG-2A1L

What have you tried so far?

Make sure the PSU is turned off and that the power is unplugged first.

Can you open open the case and clear the CMOS? Also see if there is any component or piece of hardware that looks fried or strange. Please also check to make sure that the case is as dust free as possible and that all components are completely secure (Not loose).

Old 10-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Trouble with Sony PCG-2A1L

Check the memory and make sure properly seated.
With this being an all-in-one PC you will need to remove the back cover to get access to the components.
Closed Thread