Trouble Shooting help with M9700.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinwk001

Beta member
Hey guys I'm new to these forums and wondering if I could get your expert input on this subject.
I am not a complete newbie when it comes to computers but when it comes to laptops its definitely not my forte.

I've bought a Aurora m9700 last year and it worked fine up until a month ago.
The problem is that when I play games (Specifically Warcraft III) which is not even that graphic intense of a game, I get sudden "freeze" type thing at random intervals.

It worked fine up until a month ago so I KNOW that it can handle War3 on the highest setting.
I've tried trouble shooting it myself, and thought it was a software problem so I reformatted. Didn't fix it.

Upgraded Ram from 1.5gigs to 2gigs.

Upgraded 5400 rpm hardrive to 7200 hardrive.

Thought it could be the disk drive so I tried a virtual CD program.

None of these fixed my problem.

So I could only imagine it's probably the processor or video card, right?

Those 2 are the priciest parts to replace so if I could get some assistance on which one it may be, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do keep my laptop on almost 24/7 and I think that may have caused the problem.
One last thing, when I lower the graphics settings down to the lowest possible it does seem to help the "freezing".

Thanks in advance.

Specs.
Aurora m9700
17" but use external monitor.
1.8 Turion (havent replaced)
2 gigs of ram (upgraded from 1 gig)
80 gig 7200 rpm hardrive (upgraded from 60gig 5400 hardrive)
x2 256 SLi Go 7900.

I really can't imagine why that would be caused by your processor.have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? also, it's not a good idea to leave a laptop on that long as heat is a major problem for laptops, shutdown at night at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom