trouble with my raptor HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
Ok here is my setup that i think is relevant.

Soyo P4VTP
western digital 120GB 5400rpm EIDE
western digital 60gb 7200rpm EIDE
Windows Xp SP1

Im trying to add my new WD Raptor 76gb sata.

I got windows to recognize it and i can use it. My problem is i want to make this drive my OS drive. I cannot get windows setup to see it in order to load Windows MCE.

In DISK MANAGEMENT it shows up as NTFS HEALTHY (ACTIVE)

As bios does its thing before windows loads..the raptor shows up in the sata/raid menu. I dont know what else i need to do. This is first time i've used a SATA drive.

I've tried disconnecting the other drives before windows install, but it still doesnt see it.

when you load the OS, sometimes you have to put a 3rd party driver on before it'll see it. (I think it's F6, before it starts the install process)

**** i was affraid of that...i dont have a floppy drive anymore. havent needed one in years...sighhhhh....

well my mobo was made in 04' and is discontinued...ya i know, im upgrading to ADM 64 dual core soon. I have tried the F6 thing during setup and it asked for disk...but i didnt push anything to see if it would accept anything other than floppy

ok so i downloaded Nlite...went thru it..added my drivers ,change a few other things and chose to make a bootable iso. I rebooted pc ...windows setup loaded and everything but my sata drive is still not showing up. what else can i do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom