Trouble with iTunes and Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver555

Beta member
Hi there,

I don't know an awful lot about computers so need someone's help! I have had a laptop for a long while and not had any problems opening iTunes and playing stuff on Media Player, but now i can't use either properly.

When i try to open iTunes the grey box with "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error report?" comes up and i have to close it. And when i try to play DVDs or even stuff on my hard drive on Media Player the same thing happens with the grey box coming up saying MediaPlayer has to close. I can play certain things on MediaPlayer but not most, and certainly no DVDs.

I guess the two things are related then but don't know what i should do, i thought maybe it was to do with memory but after deleting a few GBs of memory from MyVideos nothing changed.

Has anyone had the same problem before with not being able to open iTunes or MediaPlayer?

Thanks, Oliver

Oliver555 said:
I can play certain things on MediaPlayer but not most, and certainly no DVDs.

this is for the media player not the i-tunes,
read it more carfully

BTW do really want me to post wat a codec is? (i know wat it is)

Still none the wiser, in need of help! (i downloaded Codec as suggested and then sort of wondered why!)

When i finished downloading the Codec thing it said "Uninstall DivX?" does this mean that you think the DivX may be the problem? Also, whatever the problem is must be connected to iTunes too, cos it happened at exactly the same time as the MediaPlayer problem. Would a codec help with iTunes as well?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom