Trouble Hooking Up Monitor! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weasey3

Beta member
I hope someone can help me. I have 2 moniters.I want to use one of them.The 1st one -plug in,works,..shut down & boot up...doesn't turn on.I think it's a power switch issue? 2nd one ,hook up and all that I get is the word 'Over scale'. Just that.What does this mean and can I get this to work? Thanks.
Weasey3

Hello,

You need to boot into Safe Mode and reset your Display settings. They are out of Range for hte monitor.

• Right click on the desktop
  • Properties
  • Settings Tab

This will allow you to adjust the Monitor settings to something more resonable. Try using 800x640 at first. When you can get something on screen then raise it up 1 notch at a time.

Cheers,
Mak

First try 640x480, if you have a REALLY OLD MONITOR (like...old CRT) it may only support 640x480. If that works (which it should) then go to 800x600, then 1024x768 (the max for some smaller LCD's), then 1280x1024 (usually the max for CRT's), then 1600x1200 (big LCD or CRT). If you have widescreen, the resolutions are different.

thank you. IT WORKED.Is there any way to get the sound to come out of the monitor? It wouldn't from my other one either.Is there a setting for it?I have a soundblastercard but theres a little triangle symbol with an exclamation on it.So I think it's not working. But if there's a way to get it from the monitor, I'd like to do that.Thanks.
Weasey3

Hello,

The symbol says that there isnt a driver installed for the sound card. So install the driver from teh Creative site to get them working.

As for getting sound out of the Monitor if it has speakers then it should have a connection cable which you would plug into the sound card. But since that isnt working there would be no difference.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom