amd fx-4100 cpu
8 gb ddr3
amd radeon hd 770 series graphics card
960gm-gs3 fx p1.3 motherboard
600 watt atx powersuply
2tb segate beracuda
corsair force gt 128gb
Story
So I installed an ssd to boot from as a second option to my hdd after some trouble I needed to wipe my ssd and reinstalled windows which I did succesfully and work fine I could access my hdd at this point as well.After that I restarted my pc, went into my bios to boot from hdd then it failed, then I change to boot from ssd and saved some files from hdd. To fix my hdd to boot I disconnected the ssd connected my cd drive tried to repair my hdd using my windows cd but was said to be invalid.Then I loaded up the bios defaults and succesfully booted from my hdd. After that I disconnect my sata cable from my cd drive to my ssd , my computer crashed 2 times before I was able to boot from my ssd. I notice that there were a bunch of administrative tools when I login, as well as said its was fixing my hdd.Now im just scared to turn off my pc and perhaps futher damage my storage units.
Problem
Access to any files in my ssd require permision, why is that and what do i do?As well as having trouble having 2 storage units to boot from.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Are you trying to have 2 installs of Windows, on 2 separate drives? Or are you wanting to use the SSD as your Windows install, and save data onto the HDD?

As for why the files require permission on the other drive... because the "Owner" is set to the other user. You just need to take ownership of the files/folders if you want to access them from another install: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc753659.aspx

Im trying to have 2 installs of windows which I have currently, I believe I have some stability issues is all. And just to be clear with the permisions thing its with drive itself as well which I can press a button to fix just thought that was weird.

You need to install each version of Windows with only 1 drive plugged in at a time, otherwise the bootloader may be installed onto another drive rather than your intended drive.

If you already have installs of Windows on each drive... then you'll have to repair the bootloaders individually. Keep 1 drive plugged in at a time, and do the following to each one: https://tweakhound.com/2012/11/13/how-to-fix-the-windows-bootloader/

Back
Top Bottom