Totaled Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
My dad dropped a 500gb Buffalo network drive while it was running and ever since then they havent been able to access it whether it was on the network or in a computer. It makes clicking noises and also doesnt show up in windows or linux. Does anyone know what I can do to grab the information off this drive? I figured a good disk recovery program would work in windows xp instead of trying some of the time consuming ideas the website for the drive gives you. I would rather see my dad loose out on $300 rather than $300 and months worth of information. Than again, shame on you dad though I do want to help him. Lol

Let's say that you just plug it in .. right away, does it try to spin up and then fail? Or does it spin up for a while and then fail? LOL I guess what I'm trying to ask is... how many seconds does it take before the clicking starts? It's most likely dead... but the question was asked because there may be a way to extract some of the data off using a lower level recovery program.

It starts up like a normal hard drive runs fine for a second or two then starts intervals of clicking. The computer trys to recognize it and sometimes does but other times the post screen hangs cause of it and windows/linux doesnt know what to do with it. My dad said it once came up as the hard drive manufacturer but he couldnt do anything to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom