Toshiba tecra driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I have a Toshiba Tecra M1 that I had to format/install XP. The problem is finding drivers for the NIC. The wireless installed fine, but the wired NIC doesn't want to play nice. And there isn't a wireless point nearby to connect to. I ran Aida and Belarc and neither could tell me what it actually was. Toshiba's website wasn't much help either. The list of drivers for XP SP2 is very short. And I have installed everything there that says XP. Unless I am missing something I am baffled. I have no CD's for this thing, just my XP disk.

Well ain't this a kick in the head. I had to install the modem drivers for it to work. I never would have thought that, but it did the trick.

I -hate- toshiba tecras. We have about 20 of them floating around the network right now and they are all a giant pain in my butt.

Well, now I have noticed something VERY strange. When typing on this thing, the cursor for no reason jumps to a previous location on the line causing a major problem. Even does this typing passwords. W_T_F!?!?!? Is there a keyboard driver I haven't found yet?

I never had to install any keyboard drivers. Have you done full updates of windows et al?

All I am allowed to do since this is a company owned item and they push out the updates. It's very weird and I am understanding your pain. And I only have the one Toshiba to deal with. Then there's the Gateway....I may toss it in the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom