Toshiba Satellite Laptop Mystery

bodibaloo

Beta member
Hello all,

So I have an older Toshiba Satellite A505-S6969 laptop that one day just abruptly shut off and never came back on. I have replaced the following:

Motherboard (Twice)
Graphics Card (dedicated)
CPU
AC Harness
LCD Screen
LCD Inverter
LCD Cable

There was an improvement in that the system itself powered on. The hard drive spins and the CD drive opens. But I have no power to the LCD screen or display (used the flashlight trick.) I thought the initial motherboard replacement may have been the issue but I swapped it out another with no results. I can't VGA out the system to a monitor either (which would suggest a problem with the video card, but I figure I'd at least have power to the screen.) I'm at the point where I don't so much care about having mobile computing abilities, but more obsessed with figuring out what I'm missing here.

Thanks!

Hello all,

So I have an older Toshiba Satellite A505-S6969 laptop that one day just abruptly shut off and never came back on. I have replaced the following:

Motherboard (Twice)
Graphics Card (dedicated)
CPU
AC Harness
LCD Screen
LCD Inverter
LCD Cable

There was an improvement in that the system itself powered on. The hard drive spins and the CD drive opens. But I have no power to the LCD screen or display (used the flashlight trick.) I thought the initial motherboard replacement may have been the issue but I swapped it out another with no results. I can't VGA out the system to a monitor either (which would suggest a problem with the video card, but I figure I'd at least have power to the screen.) I'm at the point where I don't so much care about having mobile computing abilities, but more obsessed with figuring out what I'm missing here.

Thanks!

Before this abruptly shut down, was this laptop getting hot underneath ?
Did you feel any hot air from the air vent ?
You said you checked everything but have you looked into a cpu over heating problem ?
Also have you thought about the power supply on the mobo maybe faulty ?
Check into those again abit more closely once you find the culprit.
Come back here and let me know I'll see about getting you a replacement part with instructions to do it right.

Back
Top Bottom