Toshiba Laptop Battery Advice Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robhfd

Baseband Member
Hello All

I bought a new Toshiba laptop around 14 months ago, all was working well until last week.

The battery now wont hold a charge, one day it was workng perfectly the next it wouldn't work at all. The light comes on to say its charging but it isn't.

I am thinking that usually a battery should gradually run down not suddenly give out like this, which makes me think maybe its not the battery.

Can anybody offer any advice? It works fine plugged in.

Regards
Rob

no the 12 month warranty just expired, i dont want to spend $200 on a new battery if the old one is fine.

could take it a pc repair shop they`ll charge about $20 to test it maybe more. If it is the battery not much you can do.

the only think i can recommend for the actual laptop is update all the drivers.

Not much you can do here other than get that test done. I've never hear of such a test before so I wouldn't know exactly where to recommend you go.
Replacement batteries generally run $150-200 retail, sometimes they're cheaper online. Check pricegrabber and ebay for your model number and it's battery

i was told there is a program on the toshiba website that you can download and run that might "kickstart" the old battery, but i cant find it on the site, any ideas what that might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom