took my secondary hdd out, and now everything wants to install to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakeboarder.cwb

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i had two hard drives going until my secondary one died, (the one that had my programs). my primary drive that has my os and music and crap is alright so i was thinking i'd just reinstall all the programs on my primary one and RMA my secondary one.

problem is, every time i try to install the program, it says not enough space for installation on drive f:\ which is the drive i took out. even though i say to install on c drive it always trys to install on f: and it no longer exists. could this be some kind of registry setting?

i changed the registry setting (for the place for default installation) back to c:/programfiles from f:/programfiles but that didn't help.

thanks in advance

Almost all the programs have an option to install it where you want . Cant you just point it to the c: drive.

yes, i do just that, and then when it starts to transfer files it gives me the f is not a valid drive and not enough space required ********.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow the programs weren't totally uninstalled (information still in the application data folder) and its treating your fresh install as a reinstall with the same settings.

exactly, in fact, some of the old programs are still in the add/remove programs list and i can't remove them because the uninstall files for them are gone with the old harddrive that crashed. so how do i get around this?

See if you can find any folders that had to do with these programs in the application data folder, if you find them, delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom