Tivo to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I donÂ’t know about the other software mentioned but - If and when you get TiVo, here is the way to archive the hard disc files. After you get TiVo, you may have to wait about three business days to get TiVo Togo and connect it with you computer. Download and install Tivo Desktop on your computer and download the shows you want to archive or burn DVDs of. The files will be .tivo files and to make files that will play on any DVD player, convert them to .wmv files with EtiVo DirectShow Dump go here to get it. http://prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm you may want to convert them to .AVI or .mpeg to make DVDs.

This process takes a lot of time downloading and converting, etc. However, I have found a back door (Shshshsh don’t tell TiVo) – you can archive in real time and burn a DVD of the files on your TiVo that will play on any DVD player. I use a Sony DVDirect VRDVC20 recorder connected to the TiVo with S-video connection as if it were a VCR. In the TiVo “Now Playing List” Select a Program to record and Select “Save to VCR”. Ready the Sony DVD Direct with a blank DVD and settings of your choice (quality, etc.)> Select “Start saving from the beginning” and “REC” button on the Sony DVD Direct. When the program is over stop the recording and Finalize the DVD and that’s it. It is said that “the record from RCA is not really a hack -- it's something people have been doing since the TiVo1 era. The problem is of course, that you don’t get a digital copy, but rather an analog one”. The person who said this is a top innovator with TiVo and I respect what he says, however using the Sony DVD Direct gives a terrific high quality DVD of the files from the TiVo hard disc.

Seems like a lot to go through just to record a TV show. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom