Thinkpad T40 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfkreloaded

Beta member
Hiya. I have a thinkpad T40 laptop that iv had roughly for 2 years and is in fairly good condition. About a month ago i started haveing problems where the screen would flicker or whip to gray and the harddrive would stop but this could be fixed by turing the laptop off and tapping it. Now its gotten to the point where turing it on its a time intensive trial and error process and most of the time when I can get the laptop running the screen flickers and the hard drive stops working. The only thing that appears to work is to sqweeze the sides of the laptop. Its not the harddrive because the problem is still aparent when the harddrive is removed. Does anybody know what could be the problem and what I can do to fix it?

sry i should make it more clear. The screen will flicker and then shut off also stoping the harddrive. Even touching or moving the laptop will cause the screen to shutoff.

it is plugged in to a wall outlet...its figure its a malfuntion between the processor and the hard drive bay because if i tap there even slightly it will shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom