Was Thinking Bad Mobo? Would Like second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

MetalHead Techie
Hi, so lately my computer has been glitchy...When I boot up, before windows loads I get the "CPU is unworkable" and it says my cpu is running at 1.22 ghz, when in the bios it says its running at 2ghz(default). It only recognizes my keyboard the single boot time after I reset CMOS, otherwise it doesn't seem to recognize it and i can't get past POST. But just the other day, when I boot normal windows it will start to load windows but right before login screen the monitor loses input signal. I am only here right now because I'm in safe mode w/networking. This exact problem happened before and I had a expert techie friend of a friend who came over (and who is a computer hardware consultant for big business) told me that my 8800gt was bad. So now im stuck with a x1400 pro for the last year or so, (no time for gaming anyway /:) and could this possibly be faulty now? But I'm more so thinking the motherboard or a combination of parts.

I've ran memory diagnostics on both sticks of RAM. Both came clean. I don't have a spare gpu besides my broken 8800gt. And no spare mobos or cpu either...

Unfortunately no...Newegg no longer has my order receipt from 2 years ago and I doubt I could find it...I can see if they can fix it tho. First I would just like to get my computer to function that is my first priority as I need it for school.

You could still call abit and give them your model#, hopefully they can bring up a time frame if you could RMA it or not. Have you tried leaving out the RAM and turning the pc on? If you here no post beeps that usually indicates you have a defective motherboard.

You could still call abit and give them your model#, hopefully they can bring up a time frame if you could RMA it or not. Have you tried leaving out the RAM and turning the pc on? If you here no post beeps that usually indicates you have a defective motherboard.
Zero beeps... ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom