these lines wont go away - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default these lines wont go away

hi every1,

recently the back panel on my laptop broke and i had to get it replaced. i took it to a computer store and they fixed it, however now when i get on my laptop it will stay on for a little then the screen glitchs and goes to a black screen with red lines. i took it back to the shop and they looked at it and said that ther were some cords that were not hooked in tightly. they fixed that and i got it back and sometime later that night the lines came back. i've noticed that they appear only when the laptop is hooked up to its adapter, if its not on the charger then its fine. can any1 give me any insight on what the problem might be with my laptop.

thanx for the help

Old 06-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: these lines wont go away

Never ever ever ever ever get a monitor fixed at a local repair shop. They make it so you have to come back again and again to get a tiny problem resolved. If it's still under warranty, RMA it. If not under warranty, get a new LCD, It will save you money, believe me.

__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread