Is there a way to make bios boot from CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huck_finn

Baseband Member
I have an old bios on this P2 computer that I want to run a live CD on. But it wont boot from CD, and there's no settings in the bios. I dont have an OS loaded on it now, and I've just downloaded TweakBIOS 1.53b but I dont see anything that would let me change that.

The BIOS I have on it now is: PhoenixBIOS 4.05

Thanks for any help!

There should be a setting for boot order, typically its floppy, then HD0, then atapicdrom or something then like scsi/sata or somethin, If you can find that change it to cdrom first.

Thats just how mine works, the problem probly isnt that simple but if you see that, thats what it is.

FoxyLoxy said:
There should be a setting for boot order, typically its floppy, then HD0, then atapicdrom or something then like scsi/sata or somethin, If you can find that change it to cdrom first.

Thats just how mine works, the problem probly isnt that simple but if you see that, thats what it is.

ya, it's not there. I think the thing is so old, they never thought of booting from anything other than a floppy. I'm trying to see if there's a BIOS upgrade for it, but so far haven't found anything.

Thanks for the input!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom