Is there an issue with my cpu? or is my computer just totally bottlenecked(?) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to HeeRoMaKi Send a message via MSN to HeeRoMaKi
Default Is there an issue with my cpu? or is my computer just totally bottlenecked(?)

I was just curious because I ran CPU-Z Validator 3.1 this today and see my cpu at only 74 freq when it used to be this CPU-Z Validator 3.1 3000 freq the only change hardware wise has been the video card (the 260 died) so was forced to buy a new video card.. most likely im guessing to powerful of a card but should i be worried about why my freq is so low? btw the new video card upgrade I have had a 0 performance boost in games its like same exact fps that i used to have with the 260 which..was a little upsetting.. but does that mean the rest of my computer is just to much **** to handle the card to its full potential? I heard people call it having your computer "bottlenecked" before tho I dont know exactly what that means.

edit: (just noticed the ram is really low too)

HeeRoMaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Is there an issue with my cpu? or is my computer just totally bottlenecked(?)

I think this is due to Cool N Quiet. It powers down your CPU when not in heavy use.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to HeeRoMaKi Send a message via MSN to HeeRoMaKi
Default Re: Is there an issue with my cpu? or is my computer just totally bottlenecked(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindoverMaster View Post
I think this is due to Cool N Quiet. It powers down your CPU when not in heavy use.
Oh.. that could explain it then ..that is my fan after all ^_^ same with the ram too though?.. we long as nothing to worry about! but that fan has always been there and like before it used to say 3000...
HeeRoMaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

That Frequency isn't your fan speed. It is the speed of your actual CPU. In Mhz.