Thanks for the help.

xttwo2

Solid State Member
If anyone remembers me; I'm the one that owns a Toshiba Tecra 8100 and was looking for ribbon flex cable (flexible printed circuit cable )

After someone directed me to download a .pdf tech manual for Toshiba Tecra 8100's I come to find out the part is part of another item called the "soundboard".

After purchasing that, an RTC battery; a new motherboard and last saturday purchasing and installing a new screen; my comp is fully functional.

None of it would have been possible without your help. I didn't really want to turn to tech forums; but since no other "legitimate" way worked ( tech repair websites; tech parts websites ); I decided to bite the bullet and ask here as well as other websites for users.

I have to admit; I don't know everything; and what I do know isn't much up-to-date as far as computer hardware goes. This experience proved that.

But I'm glad I didn't give up and toss my computer in the trash.
I stuck with it and now I'm using it again.

Thanks.

No prob and yeah I do understand the need for not wanting to turn to one site for a specific answer to a problem I need fixed.

There are other tech help sites that are better than tech-forums in many different ways and forms but every webforum has their weaknesses.

If anyone remembers me; I'm the one that owns a Toshiba Tecra 8100 and was looking for ribbon flex cable (flexible printed circuit cable )

After someone directed me to download a .pdf tech manual for Toshiba Tecra 8100's I come to find out the part is part of another item called the "soundboard".

After purchasing that, an RTC battery; a new motherboard and last saturday purchasing and installing a new screen; my comp is fully functional.

None of it would have been possible without your help. I didn't really want to turn to tech forums; but since no other "legitimate" way worked ( tech repair websites; tech parts websites ); I decided to bite the bullet and ask here as well as other websites for users.

I have to admit; I don't know everything; and what I do know isn't much up-to-date as far as computer hardware goes. This experience proved that.

But I'm glad I didn't give up and toss my computer in the trash.
I stuck with it and now I'm using it again.

Thanks.

It's what we're here to do :).

There are other tech help sites that are better than tech-forums in many different ways and forms but every webforum has their weaknesses.

Thanks for having faith in TF :rolleyes:.

It's what we're here to do :).

Thanks for having faith in TF :rolleyes:.

If you think I'm here for you or any staff on here your in for a rude awakening.
I've been burned by this forums mod and super mods for far too long.
The only reason why I come is to help someone else in need which is frequent.

If you think I'm here for you or any staff on here your in for a rude awakening.
I've been burned by this forums mod and super mods for far too long.
The only reason why I come is to help someone else in need which is frequent.

Never said that was the reason you're here - never assume ;).

I come here for the same reason, Mike: to help people who need it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would like to help - but in reality I get much more help than I give on this website. I don't think anybody helps anybody here because of any other reason than they like to help others - for what other reason would there be?

I would like to help - but in reality I get much more help than I give on this website.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that ;). We all gotta start somewhere.

I don't think anybody helps anybody here because of any other reason than they like to help others - for what other reason would there be?

Good question lol. We don't get paid for this, after all :p.

Back
Top Bottom