TERRIBLE idle CPU temps and Frequency!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! If you didn't put too much on that should see a good break in. One photo here will show the small amount needed for an AMD model which is then spread evenly.

Ive already got it to 2.8 from just increasing the FSB and setting the RAM accordingly. That idles ataround 38-40 and maxs at about 50-55 when playing games. But im not going to take it any further until I get aftermarket cooling for it.

Its a intel quad, so the line method was used for the paste. Seems to have done the trick!

Sounds to me like the Heatsink wasn't on properly. Stock thermal paste isn't that bad and wouldn't give you a 40 degree temperature increase.

When i applied some AS5 on my cpu it only dropped about 5 degrees.

He's running a stock sink/fan with a thermal pad. He applied AS-5 following a reseat of the hsf there.

That 50-55C temp while gaming with a quad core is still steep even with the stock hsf there. Method

When picking out a new 3rd party cooler go for one seeing more then just a copper base on the sink. Copper heat tubes and even a good array of copper fins with a good sized fan always works out.

The photo there is one provided at Artic Silver's site. That simply shows the approximate amount to use(not much) to see a super thin layer spread across the top of the cpu or many spread on the bottom of the heat sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom