Temps and voltages for an i7 2600k problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
Just today I finished putting together my build. Specs are as follows:

i7 2600k with stock cooler
ASUS P8P67 pro rev 3.1
GTX 560 ti
G.Skill ripjaws X 8 gb
cooler master storm scout case
and possibly most important
Newegg - CORSAIR HX750

My problems are this:

temp and voltage by Fairfield Falcons Fan, on Flickr

I think the temps are too high (using core temp it was reading more like 47C) and I am pretty sure the +12V should be at 12 volts.

Please help me determine if these are problems for sure. If you need anymore info just ask.

EDIT: Core Temp:

temps 2 by Fairfield Falcons Fan, on Flickr

Amount of paste I put on:

amount of paste by Fairfield Falcons Fan, on Flickr

Ok I will try looking at the BIOS. I shut it off ASAP after I saw the reading of 7 volts.

Do you think the CPU temps are ok? I was only running Paint and Firefox(I think) when I took the screenshot.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am REALLY nervous/scared about this. And of course it would happen on my first build.:(

Ok I am going to go check it in the BIOS in a second.

EDIT: What do you think about the CPU temps? I did have a little trouble getting the heatsink attached and moved it around a little but it attached fine after I figured out what was wrong. I am probably going to get an aftermarket cooler soon.

Ok I checked the voltages in BIOS (btw love the BIOS where I can use the mouse) and the 12 volt is reading either 12.000 or 12.096 so I am assuming the PSU is fine. Strange thing is that now I can't see the voltages at all in HWMonitor. I am not sure why this is happening.

I may reapply the paste tomorrow (maybe later today) and see if temps are better. I did turn the lowest the "low CPU fan cycle %" to 60% and the temps were more like 44C on average. Then I turned it back to standard and they were higher (48C again). I am going to probably put it on 70% and see what happens. Is there a program that I can change the CPU fan speed with? I tried Speedfan but couldn't get it to work and it was a little complicated for me.

EDIT: I did run an ASUS stress test and the CPU got up to 78C before I shut the test off. It had been at 100% load for maybe 35 seconds when it reached that high. But most games wouldn't run my CPU at 100% right?

Games will always try to push your CPU 100%, even the classic SC can push a CPU 100%. I would check your heatsink, somethings not right if it gets that hot, that fast.

FFC, I am looking at your intel cpu temps, if thats only for load cpu temps, your good for now, but the cpu should be between 36c and 45c.
If you ever fold, please make note that intels cpu folding temp will hit 53c-60c on 90% or higher cpu usage.
Currently my Intels core i3 is folding and it's staying around 66cwith a room tempature of 82c.
If you can keep a smalll fan in front of your case, let it blow on it on medium while your not home and your cpu will stay stable at 42c-62c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom