Temps of a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So, ive just been kind of given and decent rig. (Swaped for a laptop as he never used it anymore)

It has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, what are the normal temps for it?

Does anyone know?

I have no idea what one it is, i will have to check, but i have WoW, 2 browser games up and skype, and the temp is at 61oC

The only thing that is overclocked is the CPU im aware off.

I am going to give the pc a clean, see if that helps.

if max load is 61C then that is quite cool compared to others I read about. Under load most people are getting between 70 and 80C...

I wouldn't worry about it with those temps, do you notice any lag or artifacts (digital blocking) when you play games?

Ooook, sorry for taking so long, ive found out theres a dead ram slot, or dead stick, so the pc wouldnt post or anything.

I have gotten the temps down to 43oC on the gpu.

But the prob im having now, is the CPU lol......

It has one of them evo coolers, with 2 fans on it, how should i place them?! one sucking air in and the other sucking air out?

My cpu temps are at 37oC, But i think it was at 40 something befor, I think there both sucking air out of the heat-sink.

When i took the cpu off, it had thermal compound on the cpu where the pins are. So i took that off.

How can i tell if my fans are sucking/blowing air?! May shound stupid, but yeah. lol

if max load is 61C then that is quite cool compared to others I read about. Under load most people are getting between 70 and 80C...

I wouldn't worry about it with those temps, do you notice any lag or artifacts (digital blocking) when you play games?

I do lag yes, but i think that may be my net, or just the pc lagging for some reason.For some reason he has 2 1gb sticks, and 2 2gb sticks in the pc.

P.S id love to show the pc, but first i am buying a new case...... This case has NO cable management what soever! I cant even hide wires behind the mobo.

Looks like the CPU went back to stock to. Its no longer OC'ed to 3ghz....haha :( Damnit! Oh well.

*EDIT*

I seem to have gotten the temp down to 39oC, lol But my CPU is at 35-40, and i only have tech-forums and skype open, is this normal?!?!??

Now it is at 66oC, with wow up and me playing it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom