technical hard disk issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

makinde

Beta member
Hi, here's the problem. When I first got this pc it had a 180GB hard drive. For a while I decided to switch to linux. After a while I found that wasn't going to work so I got rid of the partition and went back to windows. Here's the issue. Now my hard drive is only 78GB, I checked my partition manager and aparently it's back to 180GB and yet my local disk claims otherwise, is there a way to fix this?

here is a screenshot highlighting the problem
ImageShack - Hosting :: issuekx0.jpg

There is nothing in your hard-drive correct? Well if there isn't try running Windows Set-up once more, and look all steps over correctly. When you get to part where you delete your partition, read it over and over to see that you have deleted all of your partition.

slight problem there. there are alot of files in my hard drive: all of them in fact, and i'm sure iv'e deleted my partitions because according to the screenshot there are only 2 partitions, one of them taking up less than 10gig

slight problem there. there are alot of files in my hard drive: all of them in fact, and i'm sure iv'e deleted my partitions because according to the screenshot there are only 2 partitions, one of them taking up less than 10gig

So you deleted the partition with the higher number correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom